Saturday, September 27, 2014 in Murphy, TX
at Plano ISD’s Tom Kimbrough Stadium
700 N. Murphy Road Murphy, TX 75094
Lace up your shoes and bring the family for the 5th Annual Murphy’s A’Maize-ing 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run with neighbors and friends.
The 5K begins at the Plano ISD Tom Kimbrough Stadium, crossing the Maxwell Creek footbridge, running along the linear park trail, through the neighborhood, and returning to the stadium. The run will conclude with an awards ceremony and refreshments. Bring the family and spend the day just down the street at the annual Murphy Maize Days Festival. Race will be held Rain or Shine. No pets, please. The Fun Run will be four (4) laps around the track.
Race Day Schedule of Events:
- 6:30am-7:45am: Race Day registration* & Packet pick-up
- 8am: 1 Mile Fun Run
- 8:30am: Murphy A’Maize-ing 5K
- 9:30am: Awards
- 10am-8:15pm: Murphy Maize Days Festival
- *Only Cash/ Check accepted on Race Day!
- This year’s race will once again honor our friend and fellow city employee, Neal Golden, after his courageous battle with melanoma cancer was lost in April 2010.
- The Melanoma International Foundation (MIF) was selected as a 501 (3) non-profit organization that serves the community at large as a valuable resource. They ease the burden of Melanoma and bring understanding to the journey. MIF develops, supports, and provides innovative programs for the prevention, early detection, and treatment of melanoma. In addition, MIF also has a special focus on navigating patients to clinical trials where we hope a viable treatment will be found with proper accrual to test out new therapies.
- Click image for more information